Thursday, April 13, 2006

At the bus stop

This one came into my head while I stood in the bus stop waiting to pick up my lil boy ... I don't usually judge my poems but I there's something about this poem that I really do like a lot although it is a little sad...


I see you
On my way
To the bus stop
Everyday

I don’t know what it is,
The look on your face
Like you’re thinking…
Or lost looking into space

I don’t mean to pry
But you always catch my eye
There's sadness there
In your eye

Makes me wonder
Who … what hurt her?
These thoughts cross my mind
While you make small talk
With another child’s mother

Your eyes meet mine
You give me a smile
Was it my imagination?
Or did I see a teardrop shine?

5 comments:

  1. A drop shed
    off her eye lid
    an emotional seduction
    a man fall to.

    ------------
    A drop bursted
    off her eye lid
    an emotional eruption
    from seductive volcano.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i must stop roaming around on bike n do drop sometimes at the bus stop... :D

    i liked the last stanza very much

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked this post and thought about writing something poetic as "Known Stranger seems to have taken an attempt at. Unfortunately, after reading the poem, I was left smiling and speechless, which obviously left me without words to write. So then, I reverted to my silly side and the following key question came to mind,

    "Did you offer her some tissue napkins?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. looking forward to your next skill of words

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I saw you gave me a smile
    Or did I see a teardrop shine?
    Or are my eyes too blurred to see?
    The way yours are wet,so are mine...??
    -----------------------------------
    Felt like writing this up.
    Nice one you wrote anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Being Me...

I find myself swinging.  Not on a playground swing.  Not high on dope. But on life.  Swinging into extremes... One minute I ...