Thursday, August 28, 2014

Being Me...

I find myself swinging. 
Not on a playground swing. 
Not high on dope. But on life. 

Swinging into extremes...

One minute I feel I can let it all go
the next I want to hold on
One minute I tell someone off
the next I hang on to every word they say

I cease to be – be myself
I flow with the wind
It takes me high…then swings me low
Sometimes I’m floating…drifting
Then again, I’m lashed

I hurt, I laugh, I cry, I smile
I feel rejuvenated. I feel tired
I understand
And then I don’t

There is no valley 
where I can rest in solitude
There are endless hills to climb
Some green and verdant
Where I pause to catch my breath
Some bare and rocky
Where I falter and trip

I watch the familiar faces of loved ones
I derive comfort in their presence
I hear words of friends
Near and far
Some warm, loving
Some harsh, criticizing

I cease to be me...to think for myself
I fail to accept the simple truth
I cannot keep everyone happy
I keep trying otherwise
I keep losing myself
Over and over again

I look at the mirror;
Watch the creases around my eyes
The beginnings of lines around my mouth
I’m aging but I’m not really growing am I?

*sigh*

I sleep a dreamless sleep
I hope to wake up to another morning
Simply to be me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Being Me...

I find myself swinging.  Not on a playground swing.  Not high on dope. But on life.  Swinging into extremes... One minute I ...