Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Choices...

** Re-posting this one. It was first posted in 2006 ... circumstances had me thinking and sharing it again with a few lines added and changed...

This is an attempt to write on my understanding of how people would feel in a forced relationship. How does one feel when the love is gone and the relationship is there simply for the sake of appearances??...

At times I feel
I live my life in vain
Nothing to gain...
Negativity overwhelms me
Why does it get to me?

I know there's sunshine
After the rain...
But it seems forever mine
This mind numbing pain

I could fake yet another smile
Maybe even force a laugh
Once in a while
They wouldn't guess
They couldn't care less...

We live the choices we make
You and I could play this game forever
Faking our separate lives together

You in your world
and me in mine...
For people around us...
For everyone's sake
Faking joys...Faking happiness....

Never truly away from each other
In our hearts always together...
Defined by our choices
Silencing our true voices...

5 comments:

  1. I read this poem four times, including the disclaimer. And, now, I've come to the conclusion that the lyrics don't only apply to being in forced relationship, but any relationship. The poem projects the yin and yang of modern day life...cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cant see it Ish,change the colour,wouldja??

    ReplyDelete
  3. alot of ppl fake happiness just to get by...sad ha. We r all clowns with tears in on way or the other.

    Keshi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. illusions (rupen!): any relationship...hmmmm...guess it depends on how one interprets it...i of course wrote it in d context mentioned...

    cinderella: noted...will do!

    Keshi: clowns wid tears..hmmmm! faking helps sumtimes (don get naughty ideas!!)...i mean not everyone can understand and sympathise, best to keep our unhappiness to ourselves. And in relationships, so many things define it...not just the two individuals in it...

    thanks fr getting here btw:)...

    ReplyDelete
  5. ** faking helps sumtimes (don get naughty ideas!!)...

    lolllllllz Ish! I was thinking of just that when I wrote the word 'faking' :):)

    Keshi.

    ReplyDelete

Being Me...

I find myself swinging.  Not on a playground swing.  Not high on dope. But on life.  Swinging into extremes... One minute I ...