Friday, February 14, 2014

Love that was

On Valentines...

Your smile is what I remember
the first time we met
Your smile is what I now try
so hard to forget

Do you remember our first
conversation?
Bits and pieces float around
in my head..my heart

And now that we're
not together
it's the memories of us
that keep me from
falling apart...

I want to live for
the memories of
the hours we shared
when you seem to
show you cared...

I struggle to live through
the hours without...
facing my demons 
and hearing them shout...

Love was never enough
Love just never was...
I will never learn, will I?
That this is final...
not a momentary pause...

But tell me...
Do you ever feel
the way I do?

Do you let reality
fade away...
and feel tempted to
say it too

say...I love you?

the way I still do...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Being Me...

I find myself swinging.  Not on a playground swing.  Not high on dope. But on life.  Swinging into extremes... One minute I ...