Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Done with loving...

Penned sometime ago ... shared today

"I'm done with loving 
done with giving 
without receiving 

When it's gone 
nothing else matters 
Love is a game
it breaks...it shatters 

 a game of lies 
of selfish desire 
a path of roses 
to a raging fire 

I could learn 
to play too 
take you for a ride 
I could lose it too 
this thing called pride 

My lesson I've learnt 
my broken heart nursed 
Yet I won't wish 
upon you a life cursed 

There in the depths 
of all my misery 
you've occupied 
a part of me 

Let me be... set me free... 

No more pain 
for your selfish gain 

It isn't you, is it? 

It's I holding on 
It's I not letting go 
Its my weakness 
and i'm letting it show 

I'm done with loving 
done with giving 
without receiving"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Being Me...

I find myself swinging.  Not on a playground swing.  Not high on dope. But on life.  Swinging into extremes... One minute I ...