Friday, July 7, 2006

"Parties..."

This one was written after I browsed through the papers...Page 3...u see! But it could be true for parties that regular people (read "I"!) frequent. I like this one because it is one of the most spontaneous ones I've penned :)...
I love parties 
Foot tapping music
Loud conversations
Hugs…kisses in the air

A naughty joke
Interesting observations

I love parties
Pretty clothes
Shimmering eye shadow
Lipstick leaving
Tell tale marks
I greet a friend
I avoid a foe

I love parties
I drink
One too many
 

I dance…I laugh
Intoxicated
I catch your eye
I know that look
I’ll take my chances
Life’s not always about
Going by the book


I love parties
The sense of freedom
The spontaneity
The cozy corners
The dim lights
Passionate encounters
Soon forgotten
Jealous spouses
Stupid fights


I love parties
Fodder for gossip
Excuses to shed
Inhibitions
Reasons to smile
Long into the night
I don’t miss many
Just skip a few
Once in a while

*sigh*…yes…I do…love parties…!

6 comments:

  1. The last two lines work for me, "I dont miss too many,I miss a few"

    I aint that big party freak,prefer a quite evenng at home more but once on a while I do like to indulge,and with friends the fun is so complete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parties r so different for different ppl..

    for me it is 2-3 hrs of gupshup with frnds.. then a nice meal.. a full 'mastani' topped with icecream n again 1-2 hrs of gupshup :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice poem...
    seems u r a party bird...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I luuuuurve parties too...so can I come over? :)

    Keshi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prefer a nice chat, over dinner or a walk, over a party...getting old, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. interesting read...its been a while since i partied .....Hmmmm :(

    ReplyDelete

Being Me...

I find myself swinging.  Not on a playground swing.  Not high on dope. But on life.  Swinging into extremes... One minute I ...